Thursday

On My Mind... a little remorse

I'm writing this post for two reasons.
  1. I feel I owe our old house a bit of an apology and this is my way of saying "even though I wasn't always so nice to you I do love you and appreciate you." 
  2. Considering I'm planning to share our new home I felt a little background on where we've come from was appropriate.
Since I moved in with the man four years ago I really only ever saw this house as a holding space. While I had a miriad of ideas for improving it, we wanted something bigger and both had the attitude "why waste money and effort on this house when we plan to move anyway." We made it comfortable for our life together, but we didn't go the extra mile to make it special.

Here are the two rooms I was allowed to redecorate in my time there... only because we deemed the bathroom and lounge room carpet too old and unsanitary for our new little person.






It's a little bare as we'd already started packing when the real estate photos were taken, but it demonstrates my preference for clean, fresh spaces.

And here are some samples of the salmon pink that took over the rest of the house during an early nineties makeover.





High ceilings, large windows, polished floorboards ... it really has a lot going for it. So house, I want you to know that you are beautiful in your own way. Thank you for providing us with so many happy memories. I hope the family we have chosen to live in you treat you with the kindness and respect that you deserve.

No comments: