“It’s not houses I love, it’s the life I live in them.”
~ Coco Chanel
I think this quote is perfect for explaining how we chose our soon-to-be home. As we’ve been planning this change for so long (two plus years) I’ve had time to daydream about the lifestyle I want for our family and how the home we eventually chose would support that lifestyle. When I walked into this house I knew it was the perfect setting for my fantasy family life. :o)
1) Large, open plan informal living area. Allowing us to create zones for play, media, conversation and meals while still feeling we are all part of the same family space.
2) A separate formal living room for those times when we want some separation from the chaos that is Little People!
3) An integrated indoor/outdoor entertaining area, because we love having our family and friends around especially in the summer months.
4) Kitchen overlooking the backyard so our Little Person can play either indoors or out and still be supervised while I’m preparing dinner.
5) A dedicated guest bedroom so that my parents (who live a couple of hours away) can come and stay whenever they want.
What would your ideal family home include?
BTW - don't be fooled none of these images is of our soon-to-be house.