Saturday

One photo for you, a giant leap for me

I've seen a lot of posts popping up on my regular blog haunts taking up Ally's design challenge - your style in one picture. As I've been meaning to start this blog for some time now I decided this was the ideal opportunity to bite the bullet.

So, here is the one room that defines my decorating style and lets you know what this blog will be about. (Quite a lot of responsibility for one little picture, but I'm sure it's up to it!)



What makes this room the one I long for, all I worship and adore?

Since becoming a Mummy what I'm all about is a home that embraces it's youngest occupants without looking like a day care centre. It's important that My Little Person feels a sense of belonging and ownership in our home, but I don't want to feel like I'm being swallowed up by toys or "cute." This room achieves that balance.
  • Clean white background and built in storage means the room feels clutter free, while keeping toys and books easily accessible.
  • Pops of red are great for tying in other brightly coloured items and giving a sense of unity to the space.
  • Embraces this Little Person's love of planes, without hitting you over the head with a theme.
Thanks for stopping by. If you share my desire to create a family home that is both chic and child-friendly I hope you'll come back soon!

BTW - I'd love to be a responsible blogger and tell you exactly where the image came from, but I've had it a while and I can't remember. I'll get better at giving credit where it's due as we go on.

2 comments:

DesignTies said...

Love the pops of red :-) And how cool is it to have a fireplace in the bedroom?!

Kelly @ DesignTies

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating in my challenge! I'm honored that you're starting your blog off with it. :) Best wishes for your new blog!